Stay comfortable and control your AC bill this summer!
Try these easy energy-savers to keep your home cool this summer:
- Set the fan on your central air conditioner to “on” rather than “auto.” This will circulate air continuously, keeping the temperature more even throughout the house and aiding in dehumidification.
- Raise the thermostat to 75+ degrees whenever you go to bed or leave the house.
- Throughout the day turn off unnecessary lights
- Use ceiling fans to help circulate air throughout the house. (Remember, a ceiling fan should run clockwise during the summer and counter-clockwise during the winter.)
- Make sure your attic is properly ventilated and the fan is running.
- Shade your windows during the hottest part of the day
It’s going to be hot but you don’t have to be!